Monday, May 3, 2010

May 3, 2010

For those that don't know, I'm 39 weeks pregnant and taking two online courses. Next week I'll be having a baby - during finals week. So Saturday I emailed an instructor asking how he felt about letting me take his final a few days early, since it doesn't officially open until the same day I may be getting induced. I logged back on to the online system this morning to find that he'd written back Saturday that yes, he'll open the final early for me, it needs to be done Monday evening.
It's Monday morning.
I still have two chapters to complete, at three hours a piece, for that class before I'm ready to start studying for the final.

Talk about a pleasant way to start a Monday morning.

So why in the world am I not working on those right now?
Because God never told me to be a straight-A student. God never told me to be a student at all.
God did tell me to start a blog, and to publish the things I learn from Him. I slack on this duty - a lot. I'm guilty of only updating once a week, and then changing the date stamps to look like I've updated daily. I'm guilty of putting Facebook, housework, homework, phone calls, even naps before Daily Bread. It seems silly to put a blog on God-status, but it is one of the few things in my life God has called directly upon me to do.

So here's today's Daily Bread, courtesy of a church brother named Paul Miller: "Stop and listen, you who busy yourselves with endless tasks. As Martha did, are you doing things your Father hasn't even asked for? Are you seeking to attain His love through works? Are you consumed with desire to be recognized and praised by the people around you rather than the one true God? Do not conform any longer to the patterns of this world and the patterns of a religious system. But be transformed by the renewing of your minds."

No excuses. No distractions. Just obedience.

No comments:

Post a Comment