Monday, February 22, 2010

February 22, 2010

I've been questioning whether my visions & metaphors are truly from God or from my own wandering mind. The truth is that God does not always speak to us in a way we expect- which makes it all more of a challenge to hear when it is from Him. I was doubting His words today by telling myself that I can look at anything and create from it a metaphor about God, the way a paranoid person finds suspicion in anything. The Lord told me this is nota bad thing or preoccupation, but a blessing. To be able to find God in any situation is to be able to relate His word to any person's life, therefore bringing glory to His kingdom.

Asked the Lord how much to let my mind wander during prayer time. Some of the most groundbreaking truths have come through while my mind is floating, but I don't want to disrespect our time together by not paying attention. The Lord reminded me that I always get convicted when I veer to a place that's not constructive, and set back on His path. Just listen to His calling and obey.

No comments:

Post a Comment