Tuesday, June 1, 2010

June 1, 2010

I mentioned in a note quite a while back the question that constantly plays in my head - Would Carson know that his parents are Christians?
When this thought first came to me, its intent was pretty obvious to me. I was being called to invite Christ into our home more - to make him a resident rather than a guest. I felt a distinct urging to show Carson prayer in different forms. I was to have him witness me in prayer for the world daily (DNI time), Zach & me in prayer for our family together, and to engage Carson in a prayer of thanksgiving every night. I'm not sure if we've modeled all three of these in the same day yet.
This morning I got heavily convicted on this again, and asked Zach to keep me accountable to it. Even if the prayers are not something he is called to do, supporting his wife's obedience to the Lord most certainly is. This is something I've failed to do many, many times, and really need to take more seriously.

Irrelevant sidenote: Genesis 2:16. God's first commandment to man was one of freedom. Restriction is a secondary order. God does not want to stifle you with rules. He wants you to thrive within the boundaries He sets.

No comments:

Post a Comment