Wednesday, June 2, 2010

June 2, 2010

Didn't make it very far in prayer time this morning. The bottomless potty training method sort of takes away from my ability to focus on anything this week. I've got a sense of calm about it - not in a complacent way of settling, but in the way of fitting God into my reality. It reminds me of the way I see my marriage - it's not an option, but a fact of my life that is with me forever. There are days that we don't see each other much or find time for good conversation, as well as times when he's out of town altogether (thank you very much, USAF). This doesn't mean he's no longer my husband. It means we're on pause, and we'll pick up where we left off when time allows us to. God is still my God. I'm going to have a chaotic week of transitioning to four kids in the house, potty training a toddler, handling a newborn with acid reflux, starting night school and maintaining the house. God sees that, understands that, and will wait for me. My challenge is to not take advantage of his patience, and still prioritize the time I can make for Him.

Update: Prayed with Carson last night and Zach this morning - one day in, whoo hoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment